Yeah, so Henry is growing up. He hasn't quite caught onto the notion that girls are icky, but he is starting to believe that boys are far superior. A while back he constructed a fort from the couch, desk and lazyboy configuration in the living room. He wanted me to make a sign that said "no girls allowed," but knowing that he would use this sign for evil I told him to make his own sign, which he promptly did. He very happily showed me his sign, written on a giant piece of card board covered in magic marker scribbles. I did the mom thing where you say, "oh, I see," when pretending to make sense of such scribbles, when he pointed out his sign, a tiny blob inside one of those crossed-out circle things. I took a picture, check it out:

Can you see it? I almost didn't.
Then my little boy supremest decided that his room needed scary pictures on the door to keep the girls at bay. So he enlisted my help in drawing ghosts and bats and such. He wanted a skeleton, but I made him draw it himself. I had to tell him how to draw everything, but he paid attention and followed directions pretty well. And the results:

And as for my most recent achievement, I did a load of whites yesterday and forgot to put them in the dryer. Ta-da!
4 comments:
He IS such a boy! That drawing is pretty awesome. The last one. :)
And yay you! I do that every other day. We might be twins.
That is hilarious. Girl germs. he he Does he know you are a girl?
That isn't a bad skeleton! I like it!
He'll be drawing comics before we know it!
Post a Comment