Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Five Years Ago

This was me five years ago. Well, four years and approximately 364 days ago, give or take a few days.



On February 10th, about ten p.m., after Ben and I wrapped up a game of Diablo II, I started having contractions. Then after some drugs, an epidural and 17 hours of labor the doctor suggested a c-section. I was very excited to meet Henry, but I was pretty beat, so I only got the hear him whine when they pulled him out of my warm severed guts before I zonked out. Then after I woke up and got some pain killers, I got to meet my little boy.



He only weighted nine and a half pounds at the time. If I had to pick him up at that weight now I could probably huck him all the way up to the stratosphere.

Here are a few Henry Firsts: His first solid meal:



His first beach trip:



His first race to catch Daddy:



First Christmas:



First birthday:



First attempt at yard work:



Yeah, Henry! Way to reach the big 5!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Henry!! Such a cute boy! I love the pictures.

ALYN said...

Nice Belly! I never took a good belly shot like that, darn. Anyhow, I can't believe he was 9.5#. You're lots smaller than me. (5'2" and a 3/4") My first was 7#13. Then 9#1. then 8#15.

He looks so little in these pictures! 5 seems so big, but it's a fun age. Lia will be 5 until the end of May! I tell her I'm not letting her turn 6 though!

Great Post.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the pictures... especially the one where he is racing to Daddy! Does he still race to dad? Hope he had a great birthday! Happy Birthday to you too, Mom!

Analiese said...

The pictures are great! You looked cute to - even 9 months pregnant!