Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow Day



Last night it started snowing around midnight. I was happy because I told Henry when he went to bed that the weatherman said their might be snow. Henry's only seen one snow in his life and he was only two so he doesn't remember it at all, and there was just enough accumulated on the deck to make a snowman. This morning Henry was very excited and I managed to get some ovaltine and a slice of bread in him before we had to go out to play. Ben stayed home from work and so we all went to the neighbors, who happen to have sleds and a steep driveway. It was one of those snows that are useless for making snowmen and snowballs and stuff, but Henry had a lot of fun. I was just happy to be feeling well enough to go outside and play. I refrained from sledding since the holes in my gut aren't quite healed, and flipping over into slush in the middle of the street didn't seem like a happy way to end a sled ride. Back home I made a snow angel and decided when it was time to get up that one was enough.

I thought it was pretty funny that the governor decided to call a state of emergency for the snow. It's not like there was an ice storm or anything. I guess she felt obligated to incite the bread/milk panic to help bolster the economy.

1 comment:

Keep-N-Touch said...

Henry looks SOOO happy! I miss being in the Carolinas! I LOVE the bread/milk panic, school closings, church cancelled, etc.