Friday, January 23, 2009

Another Day

Today was book club, hosted by me. The book was Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand. Since it's a huge thousand and something page tome, we only read the first two sections and are saving the last section for next month. In the book the main protagonist gets a mysterious cigarette imprinted with a dollar sign that's the best smoke ever, etc., so I made some of those "Neiman-Marcos" cookies and with a melted chocolate bar in a plastic ziplock bag I squirted dollar signs on them. I should have taken a picture, because they actually turned out decent, but alas, I neglected to before the locust plague of kids descended and devoured everything in sight. Ben will be sad. Oh, well. We had a long discussion that took up the entire two hours. Next month should be interesting when we wrap it up.

Last night I go the bill that is not a bill from the hospital for my surgery. Why is it that me lying in a bed for a few hours costs three times more than the services provided by a skilled anesthesiologist? I guess the world will never know.

No comments: