Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hurrah for Summer


Joy School is officially over for the summer. Last Saturday we held a Joy School graduation at the park. Henry got his diploma and posed for a photo, but he's going to do Joy School again in the fall since he doesn't start Kindergarten until 2009. Ah, the joy of sweating to death at ten in the morning...

Lately it's been hotter than heck around here, around 100, so we've been hiding in the house a lot. We took Henry swimming on Saturday but the pool water was only 76 degrees, so after an hour I was done. Henry was not happy at all. This year he's tall enough to touch bottom and was having a blast hopping around whilst he slowly turned blue. Since I couldn't swim around to keep warm (ironic, when it was almost 100) because I had to be Miss Vigilant to keep my kid from drowning himself, I had to put an end to it. Today when we went for another swim after a 100 plus weekend, the pool was a lot warmer. Henry got to splash around all afternoon and we had an hour off to eat and for me to recuperate from lifeguarding. Not a job I'm much suited for; the constant paying attention wears me out.

I had a fun-filled evening cleaning wax out of Henry's left ear. He'd been picking at his ear alot and so I got a flashlight and saw that a giant glob of wax had nearly sealed off his ear canal. I got a bottle of Debrox and dropped some in his ear and let it fester a while. Then after about four hundred squirts of water with a bulb syringe I got that nasty clot out. Henry was very cooperative and even offered squirt my ears for me. Unfortunately I had to decline his offer. Awww...

I got a video clip of Henry's entertaining Joy School talent show entry:




Well, that's all folks.

3 comments:

Kikibug said...

HAHAHAHAHA, that is SO cute. He is SO cute! I LOVE it! I love that he kept going too. Boys are too cute!

Kikibug said...

I have to say that you get the mother of the year in my book for completing a full year of joy school. I have never made it past a few months and then decide to just to arts and crafts by ourselves.
Oh, and WHAT, how in the heck did you know how to get a wax clot out? I am so scared to mess with ears...good for you. Good for him for being so calm about it.

ALYN said...

I'm way behind on blog reading. I must say, Henry is much more angelic on video, then in text! (since I haven't met him, obviously) I loved the darth vader music.