It's true. I've nothing really to say. Today I sanded and spackled the bathroom walls, ripped off a huge chunk of that ugly wallpaper. Cleaned the kitchen, did some laundry, cleaned out that grout bucket that's been sitting in the bathtub all week. Boy, was I in rare form today. Whilst (I love saying whilst) I was engaged in domestic duties, Henry was occupying the recliner and catching up on a week's worth of PBS cartoons. After a while he left the TV to ask me to help him build a kite. So we built a kite out of some newsprint and a couple sticks I broke of a bush growing next to the deck. Then Henry wanted to fly it. There was absolutely no way that thing was going to fly; even if there had been a trace of wind, the twigs were probably too heavy, the tape to flimsy to hold it together, the thread (applied for aesthetic value only) wouldn't have held up. I indulged him anyway and ran around the back yard with the kite pathetically flopping beside me. Henry thought it was cool, though, and had to have a turn. When we went to Mee Maw and Pee Paw's to go swimming he insisted on bringing the kite to show it off. But then when we got there he changed his mind and left it in the car.
We've gotten some rain and a few cool nights, so the pool water had dropped back down to seventy eight. Too cold for me. I dipped my feet and watched Henry frolic. When we got home Henry wanted to color some more and decided to make a skeleton suit. Not sure where he got the idea, maybe from whatever inspired him to make the kite. I made him a skeleton suit with some more newsprint and he was happy. Then he taped the skeleton to his door and requested that I invite one of his friends over so he could scare her with it. By then it was too late for a play date, so he was a little disappointed. Then he made two "brothers" out of paper. He was really Mr. Creative today.
Well, that's it. Hope I didn't bore anyone into a coma.
1 comment:
You are such a good mom, helping your child make projects. I'm totally impressed with that skeleton.
Today my kids got out their magic books that they checked out from the library and wanted help making these freaking tricks. I was in no mood for such nonsense. So... instead they did it themselves. Let's just say I should've helped, now I'm picking up all the traces of their "magic". It's my fault for taking them to see the magician at the library. ARRRRRRRRRGH!!!
Post a Comment