Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Catching Up

I ought to be more diligent in recording the goings on in my life. This month's been fairly busy with different stuff, and already I've forgotten half of it. I think a lot of it has to do with the summer weather and all the headaches I've gotten transitioning from air conditioning to sweltering heat. Aside from that, Henry and I have been having fun.

We had a fun trip to the lake with Grandma, Papaw, Maggie, and all the cousins. Dad brought his ice cream maker and Maggie and I quickly threw the ice cream ingredients together and everybody headed to the lake. Mom and I went separately to the store to pick up a few things we'd forgotten and when we met up with them at the lake Dad announced that we'd forgotten to put sugar in the ice cream, so we had to turn around a go back for some sugar. So my first joint attempt at ice cream was a little off, but it turned out okay.

We had a church activity the next day, so I borrowed the ice cream maker and had another go at it. I wasn't sure how it would turn out since I used a different recipe and it was my first solo attempt. And I was the only one who brought home made ice cream, so that didn't help my self confidence much. The activity went well. All the kids had fun releasing butterflies and watching the cub scouts launch water rockets. After the water balloon fight (two hours of filling balloons for two minutes of play) we went home. Ben acted a little sad that there was no more ice cream, which is unusual because he doesn't even like ice cream (weirdo), so I made another batch just for him the next week. And who's been eating that ice cream? That's right. Henry and me.

The graphics card in my computer went kaput and so Ben frankensteined (his terminology) it for me until he could get a new computer, which he did last week. Ben's happy about his new computer, although it was a little iffy at first. He builds his own machines now in the name of saving a buck and this time he had a little trouble with the motherboard/memory configuration. He figured it out though, and now I've got his old one.

Ben and I celebrated our eleventh anniversary. Ben purposefully didn't remind me to see if I'd forget. I did. Oh, well. We took Henry out for pizza at Rudino's. Life is good.

Can't think of anything else. Upcoming events: Henry begins first grade next week, the rest to be announced.

Have a good one everybody.

No comments: