Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss

Today, even though it was cold and damp and perfect for staying inside wrapped in a fuzzy blanket reading a book, I decided to go volunteer at Henry's school. I like that the school is nice and warm. Ben likes to keep our house at 67. Brr. I'd like him to keep it at 67 in the summer, but no such luck. So I stayed warm while I cut out laminated stuff. Then because I ran out of stuff to do and it was only nine, I went over to the media center and shelved two carts of books. Little did I know that this little act of extra effort would result in me idiotically freezing my butt off.

Usually I shelve books on Wednesdays. But today is Tuesday. So when I got home I thought it was Wednesday. On Wednesdays school lets out an hour early, for the teachers to plan stuff, apparently. Anyway, that wouldn't have made a difference in the world, except that Henry had a substitute bus driver this morning. Henry's regular bus driver drops him off in front of the house in the afternoons. The sub drops him off at the bus stop down the street. So, me thinking it's Wednesday, I went out to the bus stop and stood in the rain/snow/sleet windfest and waited almost twenty minutes before my stupid brain bought a clue. An hour later I was back out there, but I only had to wait ten minutes before the bus finally showed up.

It's pretty lame when all I have to blog about is pertaining to me being not smart.

So I'll mention that it's Dr. Seuss' birthday. Henry's favorite Dr. Seuss book is Green Eggs and Ham. I like Fox in Socks, just for the part about the Tweedle Beetle Battle. I like the evil sadistic look on their faces when they sock each other with paddles. After Fox in Socks it's definitely the Sleep Book.

Now I think I'm ready for a nap, buried under a pile of warm blankets.

1 comment:

Keep-N-Touch said...

67?? Brrrr.. I won't complain about 72 anymore.