A few days ago while I was hefting a huge plastic storage bin downstairs, my foot slipped. Luckily I was near the bottom and only fell down a few steps and landed on my butt, where I've plenty of naturally grown, organic padding to keep me from busting a hip. I did scrape some skin off my pinky finger, though. Ben was right behind me on the stairs and witnessed the whole embarrassing fiasco. And he didn't laugh.
Bless you, Ben.
Yesterday while I was out to procure party stuff for Henry's birthday, I decided to get a haircut. Later on when Ben and Henry got home I did one of those obvious look-at-me hair flip things. Ben just rolled his eyes. Henry hadn't a clue, so I asked him if he noticed anything different about me. He was not getting it at all.
"Do you notice anything different about Mommy today?"
"Umm? You're happy?"
Good thing I started laughing at the same time as Ben or I'd have to smack him one (Ben, not Henry).
Even after I pointed out the haircut that Henry still didn't quite notice. I guess he might notice if I shaved my head or dyed it blue. It was kind of interesting that he failed to notice my change of hairdo when just the other day he asked me if I remembered when the microwave used to be on the other side of the kitchen sink. I think I moved the microwave a couple of years ago.
And yes, I'm always happy, people! Every single day!
3 comments:
Out of the mouthes of babes! Glad you didn't get hurt. I think you need another girl in the house... girls LOVE noticing new hair cuts!
He'll realize you changed your hair next year. Ha! It doesn't matter how old the man is--they never notice they change in hair.
How nice that Henry noticed that you are happy. I thought that was the best part of this post!
Post a Comment