Monday, September 14, 2009

Maggie Ties the Knot

Maggie and Avdo got married last weekend. It was kind of on short notice, so everybody pitched in to make it a nice event. Either from desperation or extreme confidence in my skills, Maggie entrusted me with the construction of the bouquet and boutonnieres. This happened the day of the wedding, a few hours beforehand, to be precise. Of course she had plenty of confidence in my skills, though she nixed my original flower arrangement, and Mom helped me with the boutonnieres (lucky for Maggie Mom had some floral tape stashed away or, while probably being functional, they'd have been real ugly). Thank goodness Maggie had a cake made, because if I'd been in charge of that... Well, let's just be thankful and try not to imagine the horror that might have been.

Newlyweds:


In-laws:


Cutting the cake:


And just because I like the expression on Henry's face:

1 comment:

Keep-N-Touch said...

You are such a good sport! I love the pictures.