Today, being Monday, was park day, so Henry and I dutifully walked to the park. Apparently everyone else in the world thought it was too cold to be out. The park was deserted, so we walked the greenway and went over the highway to the other "dragon" park. I was really surprised because this one was desolate as well. I honestly didn't think it was that cold, except for my ears. We played a while and Henry had his snack and I decided since we were so close we'd walk over to the grocery store across the street and buy a bag of oranges. So we did, stopping first at a toy store. On the way home, walking on the trail beneath the power lines, Henry munched M&M's and went into million-question mode.
"Mom, why are trees green?"
I explained about chlorophyll as efficiently as I could.
"Mom, I love you."
"I love you, too."
Then it was fifteen other questions, I'd answer and Henry would tell me he loved me.
I guess he was prepping me for when we got home and it was time to clean his room and he decided he was going to be lazy. That's what he always says when I tell him to clean up: "But Mom, I'm lazy. I want to be a slob."
Gee, wonder where he got that from.
Anyway, it occurred to me that perhaps it had been a bit nippy to be out when I noticed four hours later when Ben got home that my butt was still cold from our outdoor excursion.
On a side note, tonight we did a little Christmas shopping at a certain electronics store Ben loves. As we were lining up to make our purchases, Henry was standing in the aisle staring at something on a display when an employee came strolling along looking everywhere but four-year-old level and slammed right into him. It was a sight to behold, what with the tall, skinny guy practically doing a cartwheel as he tripped over Henry, then grabbing him as he fell in what I can only assume was a defensive move to keep Henry from hitting his head on the floor. Henry was okay and I might have laughed (it looked hilarious to me) but the guy hurt his finger so I didn't.
5 comments:
ohhh go on, laugh - it is only a finger!
Nice imagery! I'm glad your bum is thawing out. Cause I always like to read the adventures of Sarah and Henry!
I think I'd probably pee my pants if one of my kids told me they just wanted to be a lazy slob. That's hilarious.
Instead, my skinny kids say, "don't touch my fat". Because I hate it when they think my precious, well-earned fat rolls, are play toys.
You always make me laugh.
I meant to be Nobody. Oops.
you are stronger than I am... I can hardly ever keep from laughing even when someone gets hurt. I know, I am so Christ-like!
I LOVE reading your stories on here! Even ordinary days seem fun!
~Nikki
Post a Comment