Monday, July 21, 2008

Mommy's Happy Hour

After I spent all morning and afternoon dealing with the adventures of the psycho tornado formally known as Henry, Ben decided to go out and see the new Batman movie with a friend, leaving me with our adorable little hell-beast. All was fine until dinner time when the whining started and every culinary suggestion I offered was shot down with complaints galore. Moments like these often cause me to contemplate and reflect upon the horrible luck doled on me when my son decided to quit napping at about 25 months. I made dinner in spite of his avowal that he didn't like pizza (a flat out lie, since it's one of the few things he'll actually eat) and when it was ready I found him zonked out in the recliner. I made a half-hearted attempt to wake him, i.e., I brushed him with a finger, and when he didn't stir I gleefully let him sleep for an hour. Of course, thanks to his nap he was wide awake when Daddy got home.

1 comment:

ALYN said...

Great storytelling! I hate that they don't want anything that I offer to cook. I figure they should be glad that I'm cooking anything.

I'm glad he took a little snooze. My kids have never slept much either, and it's always funny when they zonk out at dinner time, though we pay for it later when we're exhausted.