The past few weekends have been fairly busy ones. I had plans for a relatively sedate Easter (i.e., relatively sedate meaning no relatives, just Ben, Henry and me sitting around doing nothing). Of course we all know what happens when I make plans. I know where half my laziness comes from-- being busy and then not wanting to do anything, then getting bored and then doing too much again. It's a sad cycle. Oh, well.
My sister had her baby on the 14th. Mom called that morning to inform me, since Maggie was busily occupied at the time. Ben got home early, so I was able to get to the hospital before dark (it's an hour and a half drive to my sister's neck of the woods). That was nice because the stupid mapquest directions to the hospital were craptastic. I never would have found the place in the dark. No matter, the baby wasn't born until nearly midnight. It was nice catching up with my mom and an old friend, commiserating on our own childbearing stories. All three of us had c-sections, mostly because we're all petite. Mom had it the easiest (if there's anything easy about it) because she never had to go through labor, but then again, she got saddled with twins... one of them being me... The nurse told Maggie the stale old, "you get no points for pain" line, nudging her towards an epidural. Yeah, but the hospital and anesthesiologist gets plenty of $,$$$. It's hard to think about that at the time, though. If the nurse had told me each pill was like sixty bucks I think I would've gone a little easy on 'em. Yeah, right.
The next Friday I hosted book club. Since the book was about Welsh people, I found a recipe online for bara brith, a kind of raisin bread. It called for tea, but I used apple juice instead. Other than being dense and having a crust that resembled a leather wrapped brick, it wasn't too bad. Everyone's kids but mine actually liked it. Don't think I'll be making it again, though.
Anyway, Easter was okay. At the last minute, well the day before, Ben's aunt and uncle invited everyone over for dinner. Henry got lots of junk food and I had to eat all the easter eggs because no one else in the family will eat eggs.
2 comments:
Hey, I didn't know you were a twin. Did I read that correctly? Congrats on your becoming an aunt again.
That book party sounds cool, look at you going all out and making bread, you don't' sound that lazy to me.
About your comment on my blog:
I was laughing b/c my husband doesn't like animals either.. it is hard for me since I have ALWAYS had pets growing up. But Michael just doesn't like the ones that roam around and poop, he tolerates the contained pets. I don't feel the need for pets since I have young kids that roam and poop...
I do not have low standards in my reading choices thank you very much
Post a Comment